WWW(W): Writing on the Web this Week about Writing
It’s time for Writing on the Web this Week about Writing. During your writing breaks this weekend, take a few moments to read some of these articles that have been floating around the internet this week. I hope these articles will fill up your own writing well with new inspiration, and you might just discover a new blog to follow.
- Territory from Glimmer Train: What’s the territory that you explore as a writer? My territory, complete with mental illness, fathers who are MIA and teenage protagonists is a can of worms for Freud and any therapist out there.
- Have you heard about Room to Read? The efforts of John Wood are inspiring.
- Are you working on a non-fiction proposal? Amy Shojai offers up some helpful tips for completing that proposal.
- I loved this interview with Rebecca Makkai, author of The Borrower, about her foray into the publishing world.
There’s a fine balance in fiction, where you want to do enough research to give the story some authentic details, but not so much that you’re buried under the avalanche…
- I discovered a blog called Raising Readers and Writers in which Julie Johnson discusses her experiences teaching reading and writing to intermediate and elementary grades in Ohio. Great tips and some wonderful book recommendations for young readers.